Take a couple days away and ask these questions.
QUESTIONS TO ASK EACH OTHER:
- How do we feel we’re doing in expressing our personal faith [in Christ] as a living reality in front of our kids?
- Are we sometimes allowing our children to play one of us against each other? If so, what adjustments can we make to avoid that?
- Are we praying for children’s future and for the mates God is preparing for them?
- Do our children understand that our marriage relationship is a top priority in our family?
- How are we each doing individually and together as a couple on building our spiritual lives?
- Is the atmosphere of our home one that’s filled with joy and positive expectation? If not, what adjustments do we need to make?
- What are we doing to make sure we’re growing together, as opposed to growing apart?
Adapted from Beneath the Surface by Bob Reccord ©2002.
Taken from Marriage Partnership Fall 2002 Issue, page 14.